You will never get bored in Las Vegas!
There is for everybody, young and old, enough to see and to experience in this great city.
To help you I have composed a list named “100 things to do in Las Vegas”.
It is not a top 100 list but a random list what to do in Las Vegas with sights, attractions, shows, suggestions and tips.
I just recently updated this list in 2019. If you are missing something in this list, feel free to contact me on Facebook or mail. Suggestions are more than welcome.
100 things to do in Las Vegas
- Visit one of the many beautiful mega hotels and casinos in Las Vegas.
- Also check out the lobbies of these mega hotels. The Bellagio hotel has a wonderful ceiling made of hand-blown glass flowers.
- Stay in multiple hotels/resorts if you stay a couple of nights in Las Vegas. Enjoy the attractions, facilities and shows these hotels have to offer.
- Visit the beautiful natural parks which are in the vicinity of Las Vegas.
- Go Downtown Las Vegas (Freemont Street) and enjoy the Freemont Street Experience for free.
- Enjoy the dancing fountains in front of the Bellagio hotel.
- Ride the NY NY hotel rollercoaster ride. The Roller Coaster will lift you up 203 feet, drop you down 144 feet at 67 mph (kids will love it).
- Visit the Caesars Forum Shops and enjoy the luxurious shops, Trevi fountain and the “Atlantis” show (free).
- Visit the beautiful show “Le Reve” (the dream) in the Wynn Hotel.
- Fine dining in one of the many top class restaurants Las Vegas has to offer. Las Vegas has many Michelin star restaurants, Joel Robuchon with 3 Michelin stars at MGM Grand is one of them.
- Visit the Park, between NY NY & MGM Park.
- Visit the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood with more than 170 shops.
- Go with your kids to King Arthurs Tournament of Kings at the Excalibur.
- Visit the highest Ferris Wheel of the world named The Highroller. See the beautiful skyline of fabulous Las Vegas at night during a 30 minute ride. Located in the new shopping and entertainment area the Linque right in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip.
- The Canal Shops at the Venetian is certainly worth a visit.
- Visit Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. Play Pinball, much cheaper than slots 😉
- Visit the Conservatory and botanical gardens at the Bellagio Hotel(free). Every few months there will be a new exposition.
- Enjoy Vegas at night. In the evening this city with all their lighted hotels and casinos comes to life. A paradise for Neon lovers. Visit the photo site www.photoslasvegas.com to enjoy Vegas by night.
- Visit the Downtown Las Vegas Container Park. A giant Mantis will be waiting there for you with flames coming out of his feelers. You find here also Heart of Love Locks. On your way to Downtown Las Vegas Container Park you will see beautiful old neon signs.
- Visit M&M s world and eat some of this yummy candy’s. Which color is your favorite?
- Kids can enjoy themselves in the amusement halls of the multiple mega hotels and or gameworks.
- Visit The flamingo habitat at The Flamingo Hotel. You can see Flamingos, turtles, Koi carps in the garden. When you visit the flamingo buffet you have a nice view during your breakfast.
- Enjoy the spectacular fireworks during New Year’s Eve. Beware though that on new year’s eve early in the evening the entire strip will be shut down for traffic and it can be a little crowded.
- Have a good meal at Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas (located near the M&M store/coca cola bottle).In las Vegas you will find the most modern, state of the art Hard Rock Cafe of the world. Enjoy and have a nice dinner.
- Visit the Eiffel tower of the Paris Hotel and Casino. You will go up with an elevator to the top of the tower from which you have a breathtaking view of The Strip. In the evening you can enjoy the Paris Las Vegas Eiffel Tower Light Show.
- Visit The Blue Man Group at the Luxor.
- Visit the fabulous Las Vegas sign. Yes, during my 4th trip (2011) I finally made a picture of me at the most famous sign of the world.
- If you want to know more of the Mob and Las Vegas than visit the Mob Museum (Downtown Las Vegas). Take a look back at the times when the mob was calling the shots ;-). “I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.” I love the movie “The Godfather”.
- Use the Monorail between Bally’s and MGM Grand or any other hotel. In this way you will spare your feet as in Las Vegas you will walk a lot.
- City of Las Vegas Sign, behind Stratosphere Hotel and Casino
- Act like a big spender and have yourself being picked up by a Limousine.
- Visit the Hoover Dam, located 35 miles south from Las Vegas. In Las Vegas they offer many Hoover Dam tours, just take the short one which is very interesting. Did you know that for the build of the Hoover Dam they used so many concrete that they could build a highway from east to west coast of the USA?
- Enjoy your screams during the big shot at the Stratosphere Tower.
- Scream even louder during the x-stream at the Stratosphere Tower.
- You wanna scream more? Than take the “Insanity Ride” at the Stratosphere Tower.
- If you survived the 3 attractions 33 to 35 than go for the ultimate kick: Skyjump from the Stratosphere Tower(legally), you are making a free fall from 853 feet.
- If you have an empty stomach now (see last number) than you can indulge yourself in the many buffets Sin City has to offer. Almost every hotel/casino has one.
- Enjoy the view on top of the Stratosphere Tower (especially at night the view is amazing).
- If you love boxing or any other fighting sports than Vegas is the place to be. Many big boxing or UFC fights are being held in the city that never sleeps!!!
- Take a gondola through the Canal Grande in the beautiful indoor shopping centre “Grand Canal Shoppes” of the Venetian Hotel.
- Visit one or more of the beautiful Cirque Du Soleil shows. “Mystere”, “ka”, “O”,”Zumanity” or “Love (Beatles) “.
- Visit the atrium at the Luxor Hotel. A giant space in which you can put 9 Boeings 747 with ease.
- Every big hotel/casino has a sportsbook where you can watch the games or bet on your favorite sports. The biggest sportsbook is at the Westgate Hotel, formerly known as the Las Vegas Hotel.
- Visit the very luxury shopping Centre Crystals(City Project). This architectonic shopping Centre is from the inside and outside a beautiful building.
- Visit the volcanic eruptions of the mirage Hotel (free). It remains a joy to see and feel (the warmth) when the volcano erupts.
- See Nascar or other races on the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It is also possible to race yourself on this circuit. You can pick: Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, MC Laren, Aston Martin or…. In which car you wanna race?
- Visits Concerts in the Hardrock Hotel, T-Mobile Arena or in any other hotel.
- Do you love vintage petrol pumps, refrigerators or Coca-Cola vending machines? Than visit Ricks Restorations in las Vegas (1112 Commerce Street). Rick has his own tv series and you also might know him from the television series Pawn Stars.
- Drinking beer and watching beautiful ladies at Coyote Ugly (NYNY) or other bars, lounges.
- See the world’s biggest golden nugget at the Golden Nugget casino (downtown).
Take a break in our list 100 “Things to do in Las Vegas”! Ready for the next 50 things to do in Las Vegas!
- House hunting in Las Vegas. Who doesn’t want to own a nice condo with the amazing view of the Las Vegas skyline?
- Visit a pawnshop and look what people pawn or sell. Due to the popularity of the TV-series Pawn Stars is the Gold & Silver Pawn shop (713 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas NV
89101) the most famous pawnshop in Sin City. You might see one of the famous Television stars like Rick or Chum Lee. I visited the pawnshop in 2015 and unfortunately only met the carton
version of Rick.
- Touch the buttocks of the crazy girls of the Riviera Hotel. Nowadays you have to go to Planet Hollywood Hotel to see these crazy girls as the Riviera Hotel has been shut down.
- For adults(18 and over) men can go to one of the many strip clubs that Sin City has to offer. For the ladies there is also plenty to see. They can visit one of the male strip shows like Thunder from Down under or the Chippendales.
- Visit the Dolphin habitat at the Mirage Hotel (nice for the kids).
- Visit Adventuredome, the inside amusement park of the Circus Circus Hotel.
- Visit Planet 13 Las Vegas, World’s largest cannabis dispensary
- Make a bluff during a poker tournament. Vegas has daily poker tournaments in their casinos (there is a handy App called bravo poker which is free and where you can find all the tournaments and info). Maybe you win big and win back the money you spent for your Las Vegas vacation.
- Visit the aquarium, located at the registration desk from The Mirage Hotel, which contains sharks and other sea life.
- Have a swing at one of the many golf courses Las Vegas has to offer. It will not be handy to do this when its more than 110 degrees outside(in July and August the chances are big that this will be the case).
- Go bowling in one of the many Bowling places. Gold Coast Hotel & Casino, Red Rock Hotel & Casino, Sam’s Town bowling centre (72 lanes) and Orleans Hotel & Casino (70 lanes). Strike!
- Visit The Shark reef at Mandalay Bay (nice for the kids).
- Visit the Gunstore and be Rambo for a few minutes.
- Meet celebrities at the Madam Tussauds at the Venetian Hotel.
- Enjoy the Circus acts (free) at the Circus Circus Hotel.
- Are you a fan of CSI? Than a visit to the CSI experience is a must and solve that murder!!
- Visit vintage Las Vegas Downtown (Freemont Street) and make pictures of “Vegas Vic”.
- More for the vintage lovers out there in downtown. The Neon museum and Neon boneyard. This museum I visited back in 2015 in combination with the Mob Museum.
- Shop till you drop. Not finished with shopping? In Vegas you have many malls where you can spend $$$.Fashion show mall, Las Vegas outlet Centre and the Boulevard mall are one of these
Malls where you can shop till you drop.
- Lay relaxing on the beach at the Mandalay Bay Hotel where you can see the “babes” parade.
- Rent a Harley Davidson and make a nice tour.
- Visit Nevada State Veterans Memorial & Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort, 555 East Washington Avenue
- Enjoy the beautiful Neon signs on the Las Vegas strip and downtown.
- Visit the Binions Horseshoe Casino downtown.
- Make a helicopter-ride over Las Vegas.
- Visit the beautiful Red Rock Casino and enjoy one of their famous buffets.
- Are you fond of beautiful pictures of nature? Than a visit to the Peter Liks gallery is a must.
- Visit the building “Lou Ruvo Centre for brain health”. This special building has been made by the world famous architect Frank Gehry. Also on top of the Stratosphere tower you have a nice view on this building.
- Las Vegas is a rapid changing city, so don’t forget to visit the somewhat older hotels and casinos because they might be gone next time you visit Vegas. Remember the Riviera!
- View the art of real grandmasters at “the Gallery of fine art” at the Bellagio Hotel. You can find more art (free) at The Wynn & The Palms.
- Spend the night in the luxury Cosmopolitan and enjoy Vegas by night from your balcony. Even when you are not staying at this hotel its worth a visit (view the beautiful crystal chandeliers). They also have a great buffet (The Wicked Spoon).
- Visit one of the many wedding chapels (between Stratosphere and Downtown Las Vegas)
- Visit the “Ethel M chocolate factory and cactus garden” in Henderson(16 miles by car)
- Look up the entertainment in one of the many Bars or nightclubs Las Vegas has to offer. Who knows you might see one of the famous Dutch DJs Afro Jack, Armin van Buuren or DJ Tiesto.
- Men who have a killer instinct can indulge themselves in the “Bass Pro” shop in Vegas. A giant outdoor shop where you can find anything on hunting (rifles, longbows and crossbows), fishing, survival and camping in the great outdoors. This is no shop for the green party ;-).
- Being amazed of the many street performers on the strip and downtown. For a dollar you can pose with them for a picture.
- If you have visited Las Vegas multiple times it might be nice to visit the many casino’s and hotels off strip. Make your own casino tour and be surprised. In October 2015 I have visited many of these off strip casinos. They are huge, unbelievable! Curious?
- Explore Downtown in a different way. Do the Slotzilla zip line. You will be gliding on a cable under the giant neon Freemont Street screen (experience) for almost 800 feet.
- Buy nice Vegas souvenirs, for yourself or the people back home.
- I would be obliged to get any stuff from Las Vegas (as I love Las Vegas). Photos are also very welcome! Especially pictures taken in las vegas before 2000.
- You have a lot of museums in Las Vegas for young and old.
- Going wild at one of the many Pool parties Sin City has to offer. The best places to go wild are; Encore Beach Club, REHAB (Hard Rock Hotel) and Wet Republic Ultra pool (MGM Grand).
- Enjoy the Las Vegas skyline. You also can do this from many nightclubs(for example the Voodoo at the Rio).
- Horseback riding in Red Rock Canyon.
- Visit one of the many Conventions in Las Vegas.
- Skiing and snowboarding at Mount Charleston, located just 35 miles northwest from Las Vegas.
- Eatin a quadruple Bypass burger at the “Heart Attack Grill” and hoping you will survive this. Not everybody leaves this joint alive.
- Laying lazy at one of the many pools.
- Having your wife/girlfriend being spoiled at one of the many Spas/beauty salons so you have time for number 100.
- The last tip in our list “Things to do in Las Vegas” is gambling, gambling and more gambling in one of the casinos. Be aware not to lose everything as you have to pay for number 99 still.
There are enough things to do in Las Vegas. Do you need more inspiration. For many more Las Vegas tips and sights in Las Vegas and outside Las Vegas you also can check out the other sections of “I Love Las Vegas”; “Viva Las Vegas” and “Leaving Las Vegas“.
At last, in Las Vegas there are many things to do and see. Much too much to see it all in 1 trip. Just enjoy this beautiful city and come back another time. This will be a good and nice perspective. Who knows? You might get lucky at gambling and so earn your next ticket to Las Vegas.